One of our clients, based in Ashburton, is requiring the services of a Finance Officer to start immediately.
With our commitment to achieving a diverse workforce, we strongly encourage Female, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applications.
What is the role?
* Process invoices accurately, and on time, in line with Shire procedures, and ensure accurate records are kept;
* Ensure correct coding of invoices, in line with the Shire's annual budget, and correct application of GST;
* Maintain the supplier database and purchase order system;
* Prepare monthly reports for management and Council, and conduct monthly reconciliation of the Accounts Payable system as required;
* Liaise with Shire staff and management, and external suppliers on finance related queries and resolve or assist with resolving any issues;
* Support and assist other Finance roles, as required;
* Provide a high level of customer service at all times;
* Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times;
* Any other duties consistent with the scope and level of this position as required and directed by the Supervisor.
What do I need to qualify?
* Previous experience in a similar role;
* Developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and numeracy skills;
* Developed time management and organisational skills;
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
* Strong computer literacy and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications;
* Ability to read & interpret policies & relevant legislation;
* Developing problem-solving and effective decision-making skills;
* Developing knowledge of accounting systems and practices, and financial management software;
* Developing knowledge of the Shires organisational structures and functions;
* Developing knowledge of the principles of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Occupational Health and Safety.
* Experience using IT Vision SynergySoft software.
As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 60 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding professionals. Our clients span across a variety of multi-billion dollar projects and large operations.
If the above sounds like you, please use the 'apply now' button to send through your most up to date CV showing the above and I will be in touch.