Hedland Well Women's Centre - South Hedland, WA
Hedland Well Women's Centre (HWWC) located in South Hedland WA, is a not-for-profit organisation for women living and working in the Port Hedland area. We provide health promotion, prevention and treatment services in the area of women's health.
Our centre operates under the values of social and emotional well being by providing support and services in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, safe and friendly environment.
With a focus on education, empowerment and holistic health our FREE services include Women's clinic, Counselling, and Dietitian. In addition to vital health services we host and coordinate a variety of social and networking events, programs and groups designed to address isolation, build friendships and connections within the community. Our centre provides a welcoming space and is created to be a 'Home away from Home'
Services are provided by female health professionals which includes a team of eight and is governed by a board of management.
HWWC is about to embark on an exciting period and is seeking a professional for this recently restructured position in Communications & Events. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and work within a supportive and friendly environment.
The Communications & Events Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing the key projects of the organisation. This includes coordination of regular events and programs such as monthly morning teas, annual fundraisers, workshops and programs on health, social and community events. In addition, the role requires the development and implementation of a marketing and communications plan in consultation with the CEO. This would also require community networking and engagement which may involve public speaking.
The successful applicant requires strong networking and communication abilities as well as superior planning and organisational skills.
As part of the Well Women's team it is also imperative the successful applicant aligns with organisation values and ethos. Therefore, it is important that the successful applicant has empathy and compassion and a heart for women's health. This means the applicant would show our clients a caring approach without prejudice.
- Must be currently a resident of the Port Hedland area
- Australian Federal Police and Working with Children clearance
- Ability to work autonomously and within a supportive and caring team
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Written and verbal communication skills including public speaking
- Detailed-orientated and efficient
- Superior organisation and planning skills including project or event management
- Ability to analyses assess and make sound decisions relating to program/event delivery
- Qualification in relevant profession or comparable experience eg. Public Relations, communications or marketing
- Experience in women’s health and or the Port Hedland community
- Awareness and understanding of the issues facing women particularly in remote areas
Remuneration and benefits offered for the role are dependent on experiece however the position aligns with Level 5 of SCHADS award
Click here for more information about Hedland Well Women's Centre https://www.wellwomens.com.au
Applications close by COB Wednesday May 1st 2019.
For further information and a full Position Description please contact Rebekah Worthington, Chief Executive Officer on 08 9140 1124.
Email applications to email@example.com Applications must include a cover letter, separate response to the selection criteria, CV and 2 professional referees.