Port Hedland, WA
- Even time 5:4 / 4:4 Roster
- Pay rate range $52 - $55 per hour
- Must be residential to Karratha/Dampier region
About our Client
Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets. These assets include a world-class, integrated network of 15 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700 kilometre rail network and related infrastructure. Rio Tinto are expanding operations in the Pilbara to epic proportions while introducing next generation technologies to deliver greater efficiency, lower production costs and improved health, safety and environmental performance.
About the Role
WorkPac is seeking an experienced Fixed Plant Mechanical Fitter to join the Plant Shut Maintenance teams to perform planned maintenance activities at Dampier Operations.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be required to:
- Maintain infrastructure through repairing and overhauling fixed plant equipment.
- Complete preventative and corrective maintenance for all equipment in the fixed plant area.
- Conduct routine inspections of fixed plant assets and determine repair action when required.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and comply with Company Policies and procedures.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects increasing safety whilst reducing risk & cost.
- Utilise SAP to ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded, assigned correctly and completed to the relevant standard & specification.
- Mechanical Fitter Trade Qualification (essential)
- A Manual C Class Australian Drivers Licence (essential)
- Excellent diagnostic fault finding abilities
- Extensive experience rebuilding and over hauling conveyor pulleys, warman & high pressure pumps, industrial drive gearboxes and gyrator crushers
- Experience in fault finding hydraulic circuits
- Experienced in general fabrication
- Good welding and oxy cutting experience
- Basic understanding of SAP maintenance systems or similar highly regarded
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team, demonstrating flexibility to business requirements
- High Risk Licence (EWP, RB, LF DG)
- HR license
- Welding Qualifications
- Hydraulic & pneumatic experience
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
Click onto the apply button. For more information contact:
- Jessica Cristiano - Recruitment Coordinator
- Phone contact: (08) 9201 6260
- WorkPac - Western Project Services
- Reference no. TMPRIJ202160244
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: